Rep. Attica Scott
Objective of the Project:
Attica Scott represents Kentucky’s 41st district (D) in the Kentucky House of Representatives. She is the first Black woman elected to the Kentucky General Assembly and is running for Kentucky’s third congressional district.
McNary Group provided legislative consulting to Rep. Attica Scott in 2021’s first quarter. The main bills that were focused on include:
- BR 22 – Breonna’s Law for Kentucky
- BR 77 – Maternal Care Act
- BR 169 – CROWN Act
The Scope of Work Included:
- Coalition Consulting – designing efforts, creating messaging, strategy, and on how far each bill can be whittled down during the process.
- Media and Press— conducting, preparing for, and participating in press conferences, op/eds, articles, and radio.
- Collateral Creation— creating issue briefs, infographics, social media posts, and newsletter blurbs to use during session and beyond, and creating talking points for advocates.